A new project at the Institute of Food Research will look at the mechanisms our bodies use to live in harmony with the trillions of bacteria in our digestive system. Funding of £421,000 from the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) to Dr Nathalie Juge will produce new insights into how we maintain the [...]
Emily Blakesley was awarded the prize for Best Business Engagement poster at the 2013 Postgraduate Research Showcase held in The Forum in Norwich on 6th June. The showcase was one of the events taking place as part of UEA’s 50th anniversary celebrations. The event highlighted the diversity of pioneering research being undertaken by some of [...]
What happens to our food when we eat it is a mystery to many. Even to scientists who study the links between food, our bodies, and health, there are many unanswered questions. Part of the Institute of Food Research’s research is to better understand how food interacts with the gut. For IFR’s Open Day in [...]
The Institute of Food Research has launched a new website to communicate findings from a large programme of research on gut health and food safety. In May the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Council (BBSRC) announced that it was investing £29 million in research at the Institute of Food Research as the first phase of five-year [...]
IFR is exploring epigenetic changes in cells that line the human gut, which are linked to our vulnerability to developing cancer. Here, Professor Ian Johnson comments on DNA methylation, and on a new study from Nigel Belshaw’s group which suggests that prolonged exposure to increased, supra-nutritional doses of folic acid may cause these epigenetic changes [...]
The Institute of Food Research, an institute of the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC), has hosted a three day workshop on food and gut health that brought together three leading organisations from the UK, France and the Netherlands to identify opportunities and priorities for trans-national cooperation in research, training and sharing of infrastructures.
- Reducing food waste 22 October, 2013
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain 10 October, 2013
- IFR at the Norfolk Food and Drink Festival 12 September, 2013
- Should the UK consume horse meat to help improve horse welfare? 15 November, 2013
- PhD studentships available at the Institute of Food Research 18 November, 2013
- Livestock-associated MRSA found in poultry 27 November, 2013
- More than bread and beer: the National Collection of Yeast Cultures 27 November, 2013
- Researchers have a nose for how probiotics could affect hay fever 26 November, 2013
- Caution needed in feeding food waste to pigs 23 November, 2013
- IFR in Northern Ireland 19 November, 2013
- Reducing food waste | News from the Institute o...: […] […]...
- IFR (UK) - Reducing food waste | Food Security ...: [...] 22 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain | Nu...: [...] 10 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- Super Broccolli New Website - GR2FoodGR2Food-Nutrition-Health: [...] Photo and article curated by Dr. Margaret Ca...
- Superbroccoli.info – the facts about broccoli in new website | GR2 Food, Nutrition and HealthGR2 Food, Nutrition and Health: [...] See on news.ifr.ac.uk [...]...
Search by tag
IFR on Facebook
Tweeting since 20 August, 2009