Many diseases are preventable and diet can play an important part in preventing them. Providing dietary advice that can help people live longer and reduce the burden on the NHS requires accurate and specific information. Professor Richard Mithen and Dr Maria Traka have published a review in The Plant Cell journal of the different ways [...]
Scientists from the European Nutrigenomics Organisation have profiled the changes in our bodies’ molecules caused by prolonged fasting. This ‘fasting metabolome’ may make it possible to characterise different people according to their metabolic reaction to nutritional stress, as a step towards personalised nutrition for maintaining an individual’s health and wellbeing. In research published in the [...]
International collaboration to address food related health inequalities in Indian populations in the UK and India
The Institute of Food Research is leading a new research collaboration to investigate food-related health inequalities in Indian populations in the UK and India. At the inaugural meeting of international scientists in Mysore, they identified issues of over- and under-nutrition as well as food allergies and asthma.
Volunteers to a scientific study in Norfolk will be asked to eat a new kind of broccoli that has been specially developed using conventional breeding to be enriched in a naturally-occurring compound called glucoraphanin. This compound is thought to be important in maintaining health and preventing diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular disease. Over 2 [...]
- Reducing food waste 22 October, 2013
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain 10 October, 2013
- IFR at the Norfolk Food and Drink Festival 12 September, 2013
- Should the UK consume horse meat to help improve horse welfare? 15 November, 2013
- PhD studentships available at the Institute of Food Research 18 November, 2013
- Livestock-associated MRSA found in poultry 27 November, 2013
- More than bread and beer: the National Collection of Yeast Cultures 27 November, 2013
- Researchers have a nose for how probiotics could affect hay fever 26 November, 2013
- Caution needed in feeding food waste to pigs 23 November, 2013
- IFR in Northern Ireland 19 November, 2013
- Reducing food waste | News from the Institute o...: […] […]...
- IFR (UK) - Reducing food waste | Food Security ...: [...] 22 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain | Nu...: [...] 10 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- Super Broccolli New Website - GR2FoodGR2Food-Nutrition-Health: [...] Photo and article curated by Dr. Margaret Ca...
- Superbroccoli.info – the facts about broccoli in new website | GR2 Food, Nutrition and HealthGR2 Food, Nutrition and Health: [...] See on news.ifr.ac.uk [...]...
Search by tag
IFR on Facebook
Tweeting since 20 August, 2009