An analysis of the structural diversity of the principal component of dietary fibre in different varieties of wheat has been carried out, enabling breeding programmes to better take account of this important but complex component. Researchers from the Institute of Food Research and Rothamsted Research, which are strategically funded by BBSRC, have used a variety [...]
The Institute of Food Research is hosting a three day international conference, from 14th-16th September, on food composition and sustainability diets, bringing together 170 experts from 50 different countries to exchange ideas and opinions on the latest developments in the field. The aim of this will be to extend a scientific definition of what a [...]
[University of Bologna Press Release] IFR is a partner in a new EU-funded research project that is investigating how diet can help ensure that we remain healthy during old age. Immunological studies will feed into a study of how diet can affect a number of age-related conditions. People are living longer. Rising living standards, improved [...]
- How gut bacteria stick around to help keep us healthy 22 January, 2014
- Evolutionary approach to tackling Salmonella 5 February, 2014
- International recognition for IFR scientist 24 March, 2014
- New resources deliver insights into Salmonella’s virulence 25 March, 2014
- BBSRC Research Experience Studentships 26 March, 2014
- Total Food 2014 2 April, 2014
- New yeast species travelled the globe with a little help from the beetles 1 April, 2014
- Crowdsourcing raises vital funds for ME research 31 March, 2014
- Strictly yeast 28 March, 2014
- Mysteries of the Yeast 27 March, 2014
- Evolutionary approach to tackling Salmonella | ...: […] The Institute of Food Research is please...
- How gut bacteria stick around to help keep us h...: […] Nathalie Juge and her group have found t...
- Reducing sugar in foods – how IFR is help...: […] […]...
- How bacteria with a sweet tooth may keep us healthy - The Almagest: […] Story Source […]...
- Reducing food waste | News from the Institute o...: […] […]...
Search by tag
IFR on Facebook
Tweeting since 20 August, 2009