A new variety of broccoli with higher levels of a key phytonutrient is now available in UK shops thanks to experts working on both the biology of plants and the link between human nutrition and health. The new broccoli, which will be known as Beneforté, was developed from publicly-funded research at two of the UK’s [...]
A Biorefinery Centre was launched at the UK’s Institute of Food Research on Friday 30th September, where scientists will explore new ways to make use of residual plant material from food processing and agriculture. In collaboration with Lotus Engineering and other partners, they are addressing the challenge of producing fuel with a lower carbon footprint. [...]
- Superbroccoli.info – the facts about broccoli in new website 5 September, 2013
- Reducing food waste 22 October, 2013
- IFR at the Norfolk Food and Drink Festival 12 September, 2013
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain 10 October, 2013
- Should the UK consume horse meat to help improve horse welfare? 15 November, 2013
- Livestock-associated MRSA found in poultry 27 November, 2013
- More than bread and beer: the National Collection of Yeast Cultures 27 November, 2013
- Researchers have a nose for how probiotics could affect hay fever 26 November, 2013
- Caution needed in feeding food waste to pigs 23 November, 2013
- IFR in Northern Ireland 19 November, 2013
- Reducing food waste | News from the Institute o...: […] […]...
- IFR (UK) - Reducing food waste | Food Security ...: [...] 22 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain | Nu...: [...] 10 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- Super Broccolli New Website - GR2FoodGR2Food-Nutrition-Health: [...] Photo and article curated by Dr. Margaret Ca...
- Superbroccoli.info – the facts about broccoli in new website | GR2 Food, Nutrition and HealthGR2 Food, Nutrition and Health: [...] See on news.ifr.ac.uk [...]...
Search by tag
IFR on Facebook
Tweeting since 20 August, 2009