The Dynamic Gastric Model, developed from years of research at the Institute of Food Research, has taken significant steps towards improving its commercial use by food and drug companies worldwide. IFR and the technology management company Plant Bioscience Limited (PBL) have secured funding from the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) to further develop [...]
Cristina Fernandez has joined IFR on a Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowship to investigate how adapting foods to control fat digestion could reduce obesity and chronic diet-related disease. Obesity, and related health problems, account for 5% of the EU’s healthcare budget and this figure is rising. Campaigns to promote healthier lifestyles and better diets are a [...]
The latest issue of ‘Big Picture’, the Wellcome Trust’s free educational resource for teachers and learners, is all about the biological, social and psychological aspects of what we eat. Included in the package is a short film ‘Modelling the Stomach’ that descibes research undertaken at IFR to understand the way that food is processed, physically [...]
The NRP Innovation Centre at the Norwich Research Park (NRP) provides offices and laboratory facilities for science and technology businesses at the heart of a major science cluster. Today (18th July 2011) the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, Dr Vince Cable, officially opened the Innovation Centre in the presence of regional business, [...]
- Reducing food waste 22 October, 2013
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain 10 October, 2013
- IFR at the Norfolk Food and Drink Festival 12 September, 2013
- Should the UK consume horse meat to help improve horse welfare? 15 November, 2013
- PhD studentships available at the Institute of Food Research 18 November, 2013
- Livestock-associated MRSA found in poultry 27 November, 2013
- More than bread and beer: the National Collection of Yeast Cultures 27 November, 2013
- Researchers have a nose for how probiotics could affect hay fever 26 November, 2013
- Caution needed in feeding food waste to pigs 23 November, 2013
- IFR in Northern Ireland 19 November, 2013
- Reducing food waste | News from the Institute o...: […] […]...
- IFR (UK) - Reducing food waste | Food Security ...: [...] 22 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain | Nu...: [...] 10 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- Super Broccolli New Website - GR2FoodGR2Food-Nutrition-Health: [...] Photo and article curated by Dr. Margaret Ca...
- Superbroccoli.info – the facts about broccoli in new website | GR2 Food, Nutrition and HealthGR2 Food, Nutrition and Health: [...] See on news.ifr.ac.uk [...]...
Search by tag
IFR on Facebook
Tweeting since 20 August, 2009