At the recent IFR Open Day, IFR molecular microbiologist Dr Mark Reuter introduced visitors to protein structures using music. Proteins are made up of long chains building blocks called amino acids, and just 20 different amino acids are used to make up all the different proteins seen in nature. Mark used software to convert the instructions for [...]
Over 1700 people visited the Institute of Food Research during its Open Days in September, getting a unique chance to see Inside IFR. As well as a series of well-received talks, which are now available to view again online, there were dozens of exhibits and activities based on IFR’s work on food and health. The [...]
On Saturday 29th September there will be the chance to get Inside IFR at our Open Day, and thanks to Simon Carding you can also see inside an IFR scientist. Simon, with the help of Dr Crawford Jamieson at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, recently swallowed a miniature camera that recorded the passage food [...]
The Institute of Food Research and the John Innes Centre are supporting The EDP Adnams Norfolk Food & Drink Festival 2012 with a variety of events and activities that will highlight the important role science plays in food. How did our Olympic heroes fuel their feats in the summer? Why do we prefer some foods [...]
- Reducing food waste 22 October, 2013
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain 10 October, 2013
- IFR at the Norfolk Food and Drink Festival 12 September, 2013
- Should the UK consume horse meat to help improve horse welfare? 15 November, 2013
- PhD studentships available at the Institute of Food Research 18 November, 2013
- Livestock-associated MRSA found in poultry 27 November, 2013
- More than bread and beer: the National Collection of Yeast Cultures 27 November, 2013
- Researchers have a nose for how probiotics could affect hay fever 26 November, 2013
- Caution needed in feeding food waste to pigs 23 November, 2013
- IFR in Northern Ireland 19 November, 2013
- Reducing food waste | News from the Institute o...: […] […]...
- IFR (UK) - Reducing food waste | Food Security ...: [...] 22 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain | Nu...: [...] 10 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- Super Broccolli New Website - GR2FoodGR2Food-Nutrition-Health: [...] Photo and article curated by Dr. Margaret Ca...
- Superbroccoli.info – the facts about broccoli in new website | GR2 Food, Nutrition and HealthGR2 Food, Nutrition and Health: [...] See on news.ifr.ac.uk [...]...
Search by tag
IFR on Facebook
Tweeting since 20 August, 2009