A BBSRC China Partnership Award has allowed the Institute of Food Research to build up a fruitful relationship with Chinese scientists, to contribute to reducing the risks of food poisoning. Foodborne botulism is a serious health concern, causing life-threatening illness and long-term health effects. In the UK regulators, food companies and researchers have come together [...]
The BBSRC China Partnering Award scheme has enabled the Institute of Food Research to position itself as a Centre for Excellence in Food Safety Science with China. Dr Pradeep Malakar and Professor Tim Brocklehurst, Head of International Relations at IFR, recently hosted a visit by a delegation from the Department of Health for Southern China [...]
IFR continues to develop links with scientists in Shanghai working in the vital field of food safety. Pradeep Malakar recently attended the 50th anniversary, as a VIP guest, of the Shanghai Academy of Agricultural Science (SAAS) and the official opening of the new SAAS campus in the Fengxian district of Shanghai on 12th October 2010.
- How gut bacteria stick around to help keep us healthy 22 January, 2014
- Evolutionary approach to tackling Salmonella 5 February, 2014
- International recognition for IFR scientist 24 March, 2014
- New resources deliver insights into Salmonella’s virulence 25 March, 2014
- BBSRC Research Experience Studentships 26 March, 2014
- Total Food 2014 2 April, 2014
- New yeast species travelled the globe with a little help from the beetles 1 April, 2014
- Crowdsourcing raises vital funds for ME research 31 March, 2014
- Strictly yeast 28 March, 2014
- Mysteries of the Yeast 27 March, 2014
- Evolutionary approach to tackling Salmonella | ...: […] The Institute of Food Research is please...
- How gut bacteria stick around to help keep us h...: […] Nathalie Juge and her group have found t...
- Reducing sugar in foods – how IFR is help...: […] […]...
- How bacteria with a sweet tooth may keep us healthy - The Almagest: […] Story Source […]...
- Reducing food waste | News from the Institute o...: […] […]...
Search by tag
IFR on Facebook
Tweeting since 20 August, 2009