At the recent IFR Open Day, IFR molecular microbiologist Dr Mark Reuter introduced visitors to protein structures using music. Proteins are made up of long chains building blocks called amino acids, and just 20 different amino acids are used to make up all the different proteins seen in nature. Mark used software to convert the instructions for [...]
In a special issue of the European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics (EJPB) Dr Roger Parker and Dr Natalia Perez described new work which shed light on the molecular basis of stabilising proteins in the glass state. IFR, which is strategically funded by the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC), has had a long [...]
- Reducing food waste 22 October, 2013
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain 10 October, 2013
- IFR at the Norfolk Food and Drink Festival 12 September, 2013
- Should the UK consume horse meat to help improve horse welfare? 15 November, 2013
- PhD studentships available at the Institute of Food Research 18 November, 2013
- Livestock-associated MRSA found in poultry 27 November, 2013
- More than bread and beer: the National Collection of Yeast Cultures 27 November, 2013
- Researchers have a nose for how probiotics could affect hay fever 26 November, 2013
- Caution needed in feeding food waste to pigs 23 November, 2013
- IFR in Northern Ireland 19 November, 2013
- Reducing food waste | News from the Institute o...: […] […]...
- IFR (UK) - Reducing food waste | Food Security ...: [...] 22 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain | Nu...: [...] 10 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- Super Broccolli New Website - GR2FoodGR2Food-Nutrition-Health: [...] Photo and article curated by Dr. Margaret Ca...
- Superbroccoli.info – the facts about broccoli in new website | GR2 Food, Nutrition and HealthGR2 Food, Nutrition and Health: [...] See on news.ifr.ac.uk [...]...
Search by tag
IFR on Facebook
Tweeting since 20 August, 2009