What happens to our food when we eat it is a mystery to many. Even to scientists who study the links between food, our bodies, and health, there are many unanswered questions. Part of the Institute of Food Research’s research is to better understand how food interacts with the gut. For IFR’s Open Day in [...]
On Saturday 29th September there will be the chance to get Inside IFR at our Open Day, and thanks to Simon Carding you can also see inside an IFR scientist. Simon, with the help of Dr Crawford Jamieson at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, recently swallowed a miniature camera that recorded the passage food [...]
Campylobacter is a major cause of foodborne gastroenteritis, with an estimated 500,000 infections annually in the UK. The most common infection route is on undercooked poultry meat, and then crossing the lining of the small intestine. To do this, the bacteria must survive the highly acidic conditions in the stomach, and then find a way [...]
[University of Bologna Press Release] IFR is a partner in a new EU-funded research project that is investigating how diet can help ensure that we remain healthy during old age. Immunological studies will feed into a study of how diet can affect a number of age-related conditions. People are living longer. Rising living standards, improved [...]
- Reducing food waste 22 October, 2013
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain 10 October, 2013
- IFR at the Norfolk Food and Drink Festival 12 September, 2013
- Should the UK consume horse meat to help improve horse welfare? 15 November, 2013
- PhD studentships available at the Institute of Food Research 18 November, 2013
- Livestock-associated MRSA found in poultry 27 November, 2013
- More than bread and beer: the National Collection of Yeast Cultures 27 November, 2013
- Researchers have a nose for how probiotics could affect hay fever 26 November, 2013
- Caution needed in feeding food waste to pigs 23 November, 2013
- IFR in Northern Ireland 19 November, 2013
- Reducing food waste | News from the Institute o...: […] […]...
- IFR (UK) - Reducing food waste | Food Security ...: [...] 22 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain | Nu...: [...] 10 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- Super Broccolli New Website - GR2FoodGR2Food-Nutrition-Health: [...] Photo and article curated by Dr. Margaret Ca...
- Superbroccoli.info – the facts about broccoli in new website | GR2 Food, Nutrition and HealthGR2 Food, Nutrition and Health: [...] See on news.ifr.ac.uk [...]...
Search by tag
IFR on Facebook
Tweeting since 20 August, 2009