IFR’s International Office team recently took up an invitation to visit the Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) at its headquarters in Belfast. As well as briefing AFBI colleagues on IFR’s science mission and capabilities, Professor Tim Brocklehurst and Ken I’Anson held stimulating conversations with AFBI colleagues and identified opportunities for joint activity including Horizon 2020 [...]
The Institute of Food Research and Teagasc, the agriculture and food development authority in Ireland jointly organised the successful first UK-Ireland Food Business Innovation Summit. The summit brought together over 300 leaders from the UK & Irish food industry to identify ways research, innovation and training could boost the agri-food sector in both countries by [...]
The Institute of Food Research hosted visitors from Vietnam, lead by the Vice Minister of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Bui Ba Bong. The delegation was interested in IFR’s research into food safety, food bioactives and exploitation of co-products from the food chain, with a view to future collaborations and learning from [...]
The BBSRC China Partnering Award scheme has enabled the Institute of Food Research to position itself as a Centre for Excellence in Food Safety Science with China. Dr Pradeep Malakar and Professor Tim Brocklehurst, Head of International Relations at IFR, recently hosted a visit by a delegation from the Department of Health for Southern China [...]
The Institute of Food Research welcomes the news that the European Commission, through the European Institute of Innovation and Technology, is to establish a Knowledge Innovation Community focussed on driving innovation in the food chain, from farm to fork. “The news that food has been selected as one of the themes for the new KICs [...]
[Nofima Press Release] The Institute of Food Research and Nofima, the Norwegian Institute of Food Fisheries and Aquaculture Research, have entered into an agreement in principle. The purpose is to collaborate in developing research programmes, as well as exchanging common interests and advantages in food research.
- Reducing food waste 22 October, 2013
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain 10 October, 2013
- Poultry probiotic’s coat clues to ability to battle bugs 18 November, 2013
- IFR in Northern Ireland 19 November, 2013
- Caution needed in feeding food waste to pigs 23 November, 2013
- New method for quantifying stability of emulsions 13 December, 2013
- Should we still take vitamin D supplements? 6 December, 2013
- Livestock-associated MRSA found in poultry 27 November, 2013
- More than bread and beer: the National Collection of Yeast Cultures 27 November, 2013
- Researchers have a nose for how probiotics could affect hay fever 26 November, 2013
- Reducing food waste | News from the Institute o...: […] […]...
- IFR (UK) - Reducing food waste | Food Security ...: [...] 22 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain | Nu...: [...] 10 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- Super Broccolli New Website - GR2FoodGR2Food-Nutrition-Health: [...] Photo and article curated by Dr. Margaret Ca...
- Superbroccoli.info – the facts about broccoli in new website | GR2 Food, Nutrition and HealthGR2 Food, Nutrition and Health: [...] See on news.ifr.ac.uk [...]...
Search by tag
IFR on Facebook
Tweeting since 20 August, 2009