Professor Vic Morris from the Institute of Food Research has been awarded an MBE for services to food science in the 2012 Queen’s Birthday Honours list. Vic has worked for the last 32 years at IFR studying food structure. Vic’s group has developed and used novel probe microscopic techniques in order to visualise the molecular [...]
IFR recently hosted a conference on food biopolymers, which helped to celebrate the lifetime contribution made to this field by Professor Vic Morris, who has recently retired. ‘Natural Food Biopolymers: Structure and Bioavailability’ brought together researchers who have worked or collaborated with Prof. Morris during his forty year career, along with post docs and students [...]
Starch is the major storage compound in plants, and a major component of cereal grains and so is an important part of our food. For this reason scientists are keen to understand how it is made and stored by the plant, and how changes to the plants genes could affect the composition and properties of [...]
- Reducing food waste 22 October, 2013
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain 10 October, 2013
- IFR at the Norfolk Food and Drink Festival 12 September, 2013
- Should the UK consume horse meat to help improve horse welfare? 15 November, 2013
- PhD studentships available at the Institute of Food Research 18 November, 2013
- Livestock-associated MRSA found in poultry 27 November, 2013
- More than bread and beer: the National Collection of Yeast Cultures 27 November, 2013
- Researchers have a nose for how probiotics could affect hay fever 26 November, 2013
- Caution needed in feeding food waste to pigs 23 November, 2013
- IFR in Northern Ireland 19 November, 2013
- Reducing food waste | News from the Institute o...: […] […]...
- IFR (UK) - Reducing food waste | Food Security ...: [...] 22 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- New ways of testing meat in the food chain | Nu...: [...] 10 October 2013, Institute of Food Research ...
- Super Broccolli New Website - GR2FoodGR2Food-Nutrition-Health: [...] Photo and article curated by Dr. Margaret Ca...
- Superbroccoli.info – the facts about broccoli in new website | GR2 Food, Nutrition and HealthGR2 Food, Nutrition and Health: [...] See on news.ifr.ac.uk [...]...
Search by tag
IFR on Facebook
Tweeting since 20 August, 2009